Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back on Track (Day 1)

This delicious little snack is going to be the success of my evening. Just a little something to eat when I got home from work, so that I wouldn't ravenously attack the refrigerator. Although there wouldn't have been much to attack having cleaned it out this morning.

Down the garbage disposal went the last of the bag of tortilla chips ... the box of Capt'n Crunch cereal of which I had only had one bowl ... assorted moldy produce bought weeks ago when I decided to start eating healthy again, and failed, again ... the full fat Kraft mayo. Oh, will I ever get used to the fat free again?! Yes! I will! I'm gonna take one day at a time. I'm going to let go and let God ... Speaking of God ... we just had a talk and came up with this Dinner Prayer (below). I hope you enjoy it.

By the way, for those interested in the delicious dish above, it is simply 2 whole grain brown rice cakes with 1 Tbsp. Better n' Peanut Butter (a Trader Joe product made from defatted peanut flour) and 1 Tbsp. fruit spread. And yes ... it was delicious and satisfying ... sweet and just slighty salty with a wonderful crunch. All for only 140 calories with 2 grams fiber and only 1 gram fat!

Dinner Prayer

Now I sit me down to eat
Lord, please help me fill this plate
With healthy, whole, nutritious foods
That will assist me to lose weight.

May I not exceed my points;
May every portion be in line;
May no unwholesome processed foods
Make it past this mouth of mine.

Mindful of all that I'm eating
In Your bounty I delight
And chewing, at least 20 times,
May I savor every bite.

Let me know when I am full, Lord,
Then, my fork I will retire
And leave the table having eaten
Only that which I require ...

... Fruits and grains and vegetables
Food that's pure and food that's real
Nothing less and nothing more
Than You choose for me this meal.

Copyright © 2008 by Jennifer Welsh
July 31, 2008

No comments: