Friday, September 5, 2008

With a song in my heart (Day 36)

Woke up this morning with these words from a song of praise on my lips ... "You are Prince of Peace and I will live my life for You." I love it when that happens. Fell asleep praying, woke up praising! It sets the tone for the whole day, yes indeed. And this whole day has been wonderful. In fact, the past 10 days have been wonderful ... since I've been feasting at The Lord Table. I can't tell you how much this Bible study is helping me ... and not just in the area of overeating. I feel like I've been walking more in His Spirit these past couple weeks than any other time of my life ... not just relying on an outpouring for those "special" times, but praying for a pouring out of the Holy Spirit every day in order to live within His will in all things at all times.

Here's a poem I just wrote this evening, inspired by my Day 10 lesson at The Lord's Table:

Living Water

Sin no longer holds me captive,
God has set me free.
Victory has come at last;
You'll find no chains on me.

My flesh has now been crucified
And I am living free in Christ,
Feasting daily from His Word;
He truly is my Bread of Life.

Satisfying all the needs
Of my body, mind and soul,
Jesus is my All in All,
I've given Him complete control.

And every morning of each day
It is His Kingdom I seek first.
He is The Well that satisfies
And quenches, now, my every thirst.

Copyright © 2008 Jennifer Welsh
September 5, 2008



No comments: