Monday, September 15, 2008

A Little Disappointment (Day 46)

OK ... so it's been a week. I have been really busy, but I was also kinda bummed after visiting the doc last Tuesday. It seems my glucometer wasn't functioning correctly, so my blood sugar readings were not as good as I thought they were. Major bummer!

My eating has been going OK ... except for an emotional eating detour Saturday evening. There was nothing in the house to eat emotionally on. No comfort in celery sticks or carrots... not for me anyway. But I had to go to the store for dog food and along with the dog food I brought home some chips (Tostitos ... baked, not fried), a Weight Watcher dessert (a key lime 2 pack (2 single servings) and yes ... I ate both of them) and some Red Vines 'cause I was gonna watch a movie and ya gotta have Red Vines for a movie, right?

Well ... Sunday morning what was left of the chips went into the trash, after I crumbled them all up. And you know what? My blood sugar was the lowest that morning that it's been. Can you believe that?! Yeesh! I can practically kill myself with exercise and bring down my blood sugar by only 3-6 points, but binge on sugar and the next morning it's where I would like it to be all the time. Speaking of exercise, I have started exercising twice a day. And, I have started doing the 2 Mile DVD in the morning, along with the 1 mile DVD in the afternoon or evening. The 2-Mile is really a stretch for me and I can't keep up with it totally, but in time I will. And, if my blood sugar doesn't show the effect right now, I know my heart is getting healthier. And, then, there is the discipline involved. I'm still at 22 pounds gone. Nothing lost this past week, but that's OK.

No comments: