Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Down 24 pounds! (Day 48)

Wahoo! I spoke too soon on Monday. The scale changed yesterday in my favor! Yeah baby ... 24 pounds gone for good. Monitoring more frequently, I see my blood sugar control is getting better, especially with the addition of more exercise. I've been doing two miles in the morning and another mile after work or in the evening. I think I need to need to stop having my last meal so late, also. Most nights I have been having dinner when I get home from my evening meetings, about 8:30 PM.

But today I didn't exercise when I got home and went straight to an early dinner at 5 PM: a bean tostada. Doesn't it look yummy! I used pinto beans smashed with garlic, cumin and chili powder on top of a whole wheat flour tortilla that I "baked" until crisp in the microwave. I topped it with shredded cabbage, onions, tomatoes, salsa and a dollop of Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream (a vegan sour cream alternative). This was my biggest meal today at 375 calories, only 4 grams fat, 16 grams protein, and a whopping 17 grams fiber. Go fiber girl, go! For breakfast I had a BPBJ, lunch was potato salad and with this fiesta on my plate for dinner I'm at about 1000 calories today. I still need to get some veggies in, so I think I'll have some steamed cauliflower and carrots for snack when I get home from tonight's meeting.

No comments: