Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Started exercising (Day 13)

OK, so I did some emotional eating lastnight. I don't really know why. I didn't feel particularly agitated. I felt pretty blessed, especially by a couple incidences yesterday. But there was also one thing that happened that caused me to feel a little rejected ... old tapes from the past started to play, but I thought I squelched them. I figured it was emotional eating because I wasn't particularly hungry, I just kept eating. I kept making good food choices all the while I snacked ... all throughout the evening. Anyway... it's done ... over. Today is a new day.

Breakfast was oat and banana muffins ... again. I don't think I will ever get tired of them. Oatmeal is right up there on the satiety index with potatoes as one of the most satisfying, keeps you full longer, foods.

Lunch was Garbanzo Guacamole on corn thins and carrots with Chick Cheeze dip. Snack was more corn thins and a nectarine.

I was feeling a little agitated when I got home and I didn't want to have a repeat of lastnight, so I had to bring out the big guns ... exercise. I figured I needed to get some endorphins going to help my attitude and help curb my appetite. So I broke out my walk aerobic DVD and did 1/2 mile. Two years ago I could do 2 miles, no problem ... that was two years ago. This is now ... new program. I have been doing no exercise whatsoever, so I'm going to work into it slowly. I figured this is good for starters. My problem is going to be consistency.

Dinner was a baked potato topped with salsa with a pile of brussel sprouts (picured). Total calories today: 1395 with 10% of calories coming from fat.

No comments: