Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Feasting at the Lord's Table (Day 28)

I'm so excited about a Christian weight loss study that I found online. It's called The Lord's Table. The focus is not so much about weight loss as it is about feasting on the Lord and His word and seeking to be filled up with Him ... feeding our hungry heart and soul with the only thing that really satisfies ... The Bread of Life. This is so what I need. The program is a 60 day study. You get a mentor, someone who has already been through the program, and part of the study involves questions of accountability, which I know is something I really need. God is so good. I was thinking about wanting to start some sort of small group at church for people who struggle with food issues and googled "Christian weight loss Bible study" and there it was. Praise the Lord! I am so excited! If you're interested you can find it at http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/. I'm on Day 2. My mentor has emailed me twice already and is very encouraging.

OK ... today has been great! God woke me up at 5 am today. I asked if I could sleep in for another hour and got up at 6 am. Spent some time in Bible study/prayer. It's kinda funny how my devotions lately have been about discipline and self control. Is that God or what? I love what Joyce Meyer had to say about discipline on the 23rd: "Disciplined people submit their emotions to wisdom." And today about self control: "You can't buy discipline, but you have an inner ability to develop self-control. By spending time with God, you can be filled with His Spirit and controlled by His power to live a calm life with a well-balanced mind of discipline and self-control." (2 Timothy 1:7) Good stuff!

Alright ... here's what I ate today ... actually I don't need to list it. I pretty much ate the exact same things as yesterday. Same breakfast, same lunch, same afternoon snack, same three course dinner, except that I also had cauliflower tonight in addition to the broccoli and carrots and for dessert I had blueberries instead of strawberries. And then I had the idea that it would be nice to have something to pour over the blueberries so I took some low fat vanilla soy milk, added some almond extract and a little sweetener and some xanthan gum and whipped it all up. Oh my goodness ... It was wonderful. You can find xanthan gum in health food stores. It is used as a thickener in sauces and salad dressings and as a fat substitute that adds the "mouth feel" of fat without the calories. All you need is some flavored vinegar and herbs of choice and a little xanthan gum to thicken it and voila ... cheap, home made non fat salad dressing. And now ... I have another used for it. I wish I had a picture of my wonderful dessert for you, but still no operational camera. Oh well ...

On the exercise front, it is going well. Did my walk aerobics again today. You can check out one of the walks here. I'm thinking about taking it up a notch and doing it in the morning as well as after work. I'll think on that some more.

No comments: