Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Move over James Brown (Day 27)

Wahhhhhooooooow! I feel good ... na na na na na na na! I knew that I would, yeah ...

Move over James Brown there's a new kid in town singing your song! I do feel good today ... what a blessing! Pain has been at a minimum and fleeting, not persistent. I feel like doing a "happy dance" ... but I settled for walk aerobics. It was easier today. Some of the moves that I have, previously, had to modify, I was able to do. My pulse came back down to a resting level in under 5 minutes. That's a good thing.

I've been remiss in posting new recipe photos. I have actually made two new recipes in the last few days, but the camera batteries need to be charged. I'll have to get my husband to do that tonight. This is actually a picture of something I had about a week ago. Some yummy baby bok choy, sauteed (in water) with garlic and ginger and right before serving I sprinkled a little soy sauce and just a couple drops of toasted sesame oil on top. A little toasted sesame oil goes a long way flavor wise.

Tonight for dinner I had a three course meal. I started out with Tuscan Bean and Barley Salad (a new recipe), followed by a main course of steamed broccoli and carrots and finished off with a big bowl of fresh, plain strawberries.

Lunch was Black Eyed Peas and Spinach (also a new recipe) and breakfast was a couple plain baked (in the microwave) red potatoes. And, oh yeah, afternoon snack was a pear apple ... a papple? So far that puts my calories at 883 with 7% of calories coming from fat (7 grams). I have Bible study tonight and I might have a snack when I get back home. But I had a snack lastnight before bed and my fasting glucose this morning was 135. Back up a little. Probably should not have had a bananna that late ... too much sugar. I needed to eat something in order to take my anti inflammatory pill, which I have gotten off schedule with.

Maybe I'll just skip the pill tonight and get back on schedule for taking it with breakfast. Who knows ... I feel so good, I may not have to take it anymore at all! There will come a time, by the power of God, I know there will come a time when I can say "so long" to most, if not all, of my medication. For He is Jehovah Rapha ... the Lord who heals me. (Exodus 15:26)

No comments: