Saturday, August 16, 2008

Off my diabetes medication (Day 17)

My blood sugar this morning was 111! Down 99 points from where I started. Since it was in the normal range (80-115) I didn't take my Glipizide. If it continues to stay down without medication I can kiss the Glipizide goodbye ... for good! One less pill is a good thing.

I had to take a muscle relaxant lastnight for my neck and back. My shoulder's been giving me some more pain as well. The doctor said I have adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder). Yet another fringe benefit of diabetes ... courtesy of high blood sugar. That diagnosis came a few weeks ago and it has gotten better, though not completely.

This was dinner tonight: baked potato (about 5 oz.), green beans and Southwestern Beans (pictured). Breakfast was oat bananna muffins. Lunch was a large sliced beet (steamed lastnight), cantaloupe and a couple more muffins. For a snack I had rice cakes with Better'n peanut butter and fruit spread (a couple times!). Total calories today: 1486 with 11% of calories from fat.

No comments: