Saturday, August 30, 2008

Down 14 pounds (Day 31)

This has been a full, busy week. Almost a little too busy for me. I had meetings four evenings this week, but I came home from work and did my exercise, made dinner and went out again for my meetings. Lastnight I didn't have to go out so I enjoyed a sit down dinner and a movie before falling asleep in front of the TV about 9 PM, then dragging myself off to bed to sleep at 10:30PM. I slept in until 10AM this morning and boy did it feel good! But that's OK, I actually had some sleep I needed to catch up on due to a midnight trip to the emergency room on Wednesday night/Thursday morning ... nothing serious ... I'm fine.

Good news! Two more pounds gone, for a total of 14 pounds! And my blood sugar this morning was 102! I'm almost down to double digits! Yahoo! My eating is going good. I've still been logging everything, but I won't bore you with the details.

Tonight I came back from a worship service to find that my dear husband had brought home a Domino's pepperoni pizza. Geesh! Now, I have been trying to stay away from all things animal, but that pizza smelled really good. So ... I decided not to deny myself, which, if I know myself, and I think I do, would probably have set me up for a binge. I did, however research the nutritional information on line and received, with thanksgiving, two slices sans (that's french for without) pepperoni, making each slice 170 calories, instead of 210. This brought my calories for the day to 1466 with 10% of my calories from fat. I may be sorry in the morning when I check my blood sugar. Pizza, in the past, has been a real problem for my glucose levels. Of course I usually have four pieces and I only had two tonight, so hopefully it will be OK.


No comments: